Call for papers
Aims and Scope
FG provides a forum for the
presentation of new and original research on formal grammar,
mathematical linguistics and the application of formal and mathematical
methods to the study of natural language. Themes of interest include,
but are not limited to,
- formal and computational phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics
- model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics;
- logical aspects of linguistic structure;
- constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to grammar;
- learnability of formal grammar;
- integration of stochastic and symbolic models of grammar;
- foundational, methodological and architectural issues in grammar;
- mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to
Previous conferences in this series have welcomed papers from a wide
variety of frameworks.
We invite electronic
submissions of original,
16-page papers (including
references and possible technical appendices).
Authors are encouraged to use the
The submission deadline is April 11, 2011.
Papers must be submitted electronically using
Papers should report original work which was not presented in other
conferences. However, simultaneous submission is allowed, provided that the
authors indicate other conferences to which the work was submitted in a
footnote. Note that accepted papers can only be presented in one of the
Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three reviewers.
Accepted papers will be published as a volume in the Springer LNCS series,
under the FoLLI LNAI subline.
- April 11, 2011: Deadline for paper submission.
- May 13, 2011: Notification of acceptance.
May 23 May 30, 2011: Camera ready copies due.
- August 6-7, 2011: Conference dates.