FG-2011 is the 16th
conference on Formal Grammar, to be held in conjunction with the
School in Logic, Language and Information
which takes place in 2011 in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Previous Formal Grammar
meetings were held in Barcelona (1995), Prague (1996), Aix-en-Provence
(1997), Saarbruecken (1998), Utrecht (1999), Helsinki (2001), Trento
(2002), Vienna (2003), Nancy (2004), Edinburgh (2005), Malaga (2006),
Dublin (2007), Hamburg (2008), Bordeaux (2009) and Copenhagen (2010).
Aims and Scope
FG provides a forum for the presentation of new and original research on
formal grammar, mathematical linguistics and the application of formal
and mathematical methods to the study of natural language. Themes of
interest include, but are not limited to,
- formal and computational phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics
- model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics;
- logical aspects of linguistic structure;
- constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to grammar;
- learnability of formal grammar;
- integration of stochastic and symbolic models of grammar;
- foundational, methodological and architectural issues in grammar;
- mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to linguistic
conferences in this series have welcomed papers from a wide variety of
- April 11, 2011: Deadline for paper submission.
- May 13, 2011: Notification of acceptance.
May 23 May 30, 2011: Camera ready copies due.
- August 6-7, 2011: Conference dates.