FG-2013 is the 18th
conference on Formal Grammar, to be held in conjunction with the
School in Logic, Language and Information
which takes place in 2013 in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Previous Formal Grammar
meetings were held in
Barcelona (1995), Prague (1996), Aix-en-Provence (1997),
Saarbrücken (1998), Utrecht (1999), Helsinki (2001),
Trento (2002), Vienna (2003), Nancy (2004),
Edinburgh (2005), Malaga (2006), Dublin (2007),
Hamburg (2008), Bordeaux (2009), Copenhagen (2010),
Ljubljana (2011) and Opole (2012).
Aims and Scope
FG provides a forum for the presentation of new and original research on
formal grammar, mathematical linguistics and the application of formal
and mathematical methods to the study of natural language. Themes of
interest include, but are not limited to,
- formal and computational phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics;
- model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics;
- logical aspects of linguistic structure;
- constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to grammar;
- learnability of formal grammar;
- integration of stochastic and symbolic models of grammar;
- foundational, methodological and architectural issues in grammar and linguistics;
- mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to linguistic analysis.
Previous conferences in this series have welcomed papers from a wide
variety of frameworks.
March 31 April 4, 2013: Deadline for paper submission.
- May 10, 2013: Notification of acceptance.
- May 31, 2013: Camera ready copies due.
- August 10-11, 2013: Conference dates.